Los Angeles Stalking Defense Lawyer Tracy M. Grayson
|Stalking Defense:||The Law||Possible Consequences||Defenses|
Tracy Grayson is the recognized top-gun lawyer for stalking cases, which most often arise in a domestic violence context. Mr. Grayson has an outstanding trial and settlement track record with respect to stalking and domestic violence cases. Nearly 100 percent of the domestic violence cases he has handled have been dismissed. Otherwise, in the few remaining cases where Mr. Grayson has not been able to get a dismissal, his clients have been granted probation with no jail time. The worst outcome has usually been that the client had to go to counseling and perform community service and/or pay a fine.
|Return to Top|
Stalking occurs when a defendant willfully, maliciously and repeatedly follows or harasses a victim; makes a credible threat to the victim; and intends to place the victim in reasonable fear for the victim’s own safety or the safety of their family. The penalty when the crime is charged as a misdemeanor is up to one year in county jail and a fine of up to $1000. If convicted of a felony, you face serving three, four or five years in state prison, depending on whether you have committed stalking or other domestic violence crimes (spouse abuse, criminal threats, etc.) previously, and whether the prior conviction was for a felony.
|Return to Top|
- County jail or state prison
- Probation or parole
- Having a criminal record (which may or may not be later expunged, reduced, or dismissed)
- Fines and fees involving hundreds or even thousands of dollars
- Anger management or domestic violence classes for up to a year (your time and money)
- Community service or work (your time and money)
- May have to register as a sex offender
- Restitution or reimbursement to the victim for medical bills related to mental suffering, etc.
- For felonies, have to provide DNA sample which goes into nationwide database
- Possible deportation or other immigration consequences
- No longer able to own, use or possess a gun or weapon
- Could affect current job, future employment or professional license
- Restraining or protective order will be issued
- Could affect child custody and visitation arrangement with fellow parent
- May have to move out of you and your spouse=s home (domestic violence)
- May not be able to have contact with your own children (domestic violence)
- Could affect voting, jury service, and holding public office
|Return to Top|
In sports it is often said that the best defense is a good offense. This is especially true with stalking and domestic violence cases, where it is extremely important to immediately hire an experienced, skilled, and aggressive attorney like Tracy Grayson early on, preferably the day you are arrested. Realize that once you are arrested, your spouse, as the victim, has no control over pressing charges because once the police and the DA or prosecutor are involved, they have complete control over whether charges will be filed against you. It does not matter if your spouse wants to drop the charges.
Nevertheless, Mr. Grayson has been very successful in convincing the DA or prosecutor to dismiss the charges, and has otherwise employed various legal tactics to ensure a great outcome for his clients in stalking and domestic violence cases. Barring a dismissal, uncooperative witness, insufficient evidence, recanting, witness credibility, inconsistent statements, and lack of corroboration are all common defenses and issues which have come up during Attorney Grayson's 15 years of successfully fighting stalking and domestic violence cases.
When you are facing stalking and domestic violence charges, you need an experienced, skilled, and aggressive attorney like Tracy Grayson, who will thoroughly review, investigate and prepare your case, interview prosecution and defense witnesses, obtain additional discovery, research complexities in the law, prepare motions, appoint or hire experts, aggressively fight for your freedom in court, and make certain that we do everything possible to win your case.
If you want to beat your stalking case, contact attorney Tracy Grayson now!
|Assault and Battery|
|Forgery & Counterfeit|
|Gun & Weapons Charges|
|Murder & Manslaughter|
|Prostitution & Pimping|
|Robbery & Carjacking
|Three Strikes Cases
|White Collar Crimes|